Thank you for your interest in the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine Department of Clinical Sciences & Advanced Medicine (CSAM) and the clinical specialty program. The department’s role is to educate, to provide emergency and critical care service, and to develop new approaches through research. The clinical specialty program gives you the opportunity to broaden your skills as a veterinarian by observing the specialists at work, and through participation in patient rounds and other educational opportunities.
Get to know CSAM:
- Anesthesia & Pain Management
- Animal Behavior & Welfare
- Dentistry & Oral Surgery
- Dermatology & Allergy
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Emergency & Intensive Care
- Exotic Companion Animal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Kidney & Urinary Care
- Medical Genetics, Pediatrics & Reproduction
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Oncology (Medical, Radiation, Surgical; Immunotherapy)
- Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging
- Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Oliver Garden, chair of the department, and his team of specialists, look forward to welcoming you to the Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital.
Our mission is to train the next generation of leaders who will advance well-being and healthcare outcomes in animals, ensure global health, bolster sustainable agriculture, and create and support new interdisciplinary career paths.