Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love, has many vibrant and diverse neighborhoods; it is known for its culture, its history, and its food. New York and Washington DC are within easy reach for a weekend too. You’ll find more information below on accommodation, and places to visit during your stay.
Penn Vet is in University City, West Philadelphia, at 3900 Spruce St. Try to find accommodation in this area, so that you are within walking distance of the campus.
- Penn Residential Services
- Penn International Student & Scholar Services (Housing)
- University City District (also restaurants, current events in the neighborhood)
- Facebook, Airbnb and Craigslist are great resources
- A few more suggestions here
The transportation & parking portal is a useful guide to parking and bus routes if you are staying further away; there’s cycling information too.
And a few food ideas.
Travel & Living Expenses: all costs associated with a visit to our hospital are the responsibility of the visitor. The US Government posts estimates of daily living expenses (lodging and meals) here.
Please refer also to our Frequently Asked Questions.