Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love, has many vibrant and diverse neighborhoods; it is known for its culture, its history, and its food. New York and Washington DC are within easy reach for a weekend too. You’ll find more information below on accommodation, and places to visit during your stay.
Penn Vet is in University City, West Philadelphia, at 3900 Spruce St. Try to find accommodation in this area, so that you are within walking distance of the campus.
- Penn Residential Services
- Penn Off-Campus Housing (good for longer visits)
- Penn International Student & Scholar Services (Housing)
- Life at Penn
- University City District (also restaurants, current events in the neighborhood)
- Facebook, Airbnb, Vrbo and Craigslist are great resources
- Campus maps
- Virtual Housing Fair (March to July 2023, with live dates March 23 and Apr 13), off-campus living
The transportation & parking portal is a useful guide to parking and bus routes if you are staying further away; the portal has cycling information too.
Getting to know Philadelphia: the University area; ’36 Hours in University City 2020′; visit Philly; Philadelphia tours; Delaware River Waterfront; and a little bit of history; what to do in Philly this coming week and weekend (updated each Monday).
And a few food ideas.
Travel & Living Expenses: all costs associated with a visit to our hospital are the responsibility of the visitor. The US Government posts estimates of daily living expenses (lodging and meals) here.
Please refer also to our Frequently Asked Questions.